Scalloped potato, also known as “au gratin potatoes”, is a perfect side dish for many things.
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
An easy scalloped potatoes recipe that can be done within 30 minutes.
Servings: 6 people
- 3 russet potatoes
- ½ onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- cheese Cheddar and colby-jack cheese, or you can switch to any other cheese that you like.
- black pepper
- red paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Peel and slice potatoes. Place the potato slices into a pot, cover with cold water, heat it up until the water boils.
- Once the water starts to boil, remove the pan from the stove. Drain the hot water and put potatoes in a paper towel, for later use.
- Chop onion and garlic into small dice. Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a skillet. Add onion and garlic into the pan, sautee until onion becomes transparent.
- Add ½ cup of milk and ½ cup of heavy cream into the pan, and turn the heat to low. Add ½ cup of shredded cheese into the skillet. Stir well.
- Season the sauce with black pepper, parsley, paprika, and salt. Add potato slices into the pan, gently mix with sauce.
- Prepare a casserole dish, spray cooking oil at the bottom. Place the potatoes together with the sauce into the dish. Generously spread cheese on the top. Cover the casserole dish with foil, and oven bake for 20 minutes.
- 20 minutes later, take out the foil, increase the temperature to 450°F and keep baking for 10 minutes until the cheese becomes golden and melted. Enjoy!
Bear Cusine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program
These links are affiliated. If you purchase through them, I will make a couple of cents to a couple of dollars. But that won’t affect your prices at all. This is not a sponsored video.