Eggplant is a kind of vegetable that is quite difficult to cook.
Today we are going to introduce an easy way to cook eggplants, which can make sure everything treated right and keep eggplant’s best flavor.
We used Cuisinart Griddle. It is a small grill device that allows you to grill everything indoor, and use every day not matter what weather it is outside.
For 2 servings, we will need
|1 tbsp||Garlic (about 3 cloves)|
|2 tbsp||Green onion|
|1 tbsp||Cayenne pepper (optional, if you don’t like it spicy)|
|1 tbsp||Chili flakes|
|1 tbsp||Sesame seed|
|1 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|2 tbsp||Canola oil, or other types of oil is ok|
- Cut up the eggplant into thin slices
- Put eggplants into a large bowl and submerge them in water. Add 1 tbsp of salt. Let them soak in salt water for ten minutes.
- Ten minutes later, drain the water and rinse well. Dry eggplants’ surface by using a paper towel.
- Prepare butter: melt some butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds
- Brush butter to each side of eggplant slices
- Preheat Griddle, use the highest temperature
- After the Griddle is ready, place eggplants onto the grid layer. Close the lid and let it cook for about 3 minutes (the cooking timing depends on the thickness of eggplants)
- 3 minutes later, open the lid and check eggplants. Flip all of the eggplants
- Cook for another ten minutes. At this point, all of the eggplants is nearly done so we flipped more frequently
- After all of the eggplant is fully cooked, take them out and leave it on a plate
- Chop green onion and garlic into small dices
- Add them in a bowl, also add chili flakes, cayenne pepper, and salt into a bowl. To make it easy to remember, in this recipe we use 1 tablespoon for all of these spices (except salt for only 0.5 tbsp). You can freely adjust this ratio based on your what you like
- Heat about 2 tbsp of oil, until there are tiny bubbles at the bottom of the pan
- Pour oil on the spices bowl
- Add 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 3 tbsp of water into the oil mixture. In the end, add 1 tbsp of sugar.
Tips: Salting the eggplant helps to reduce the bitterness of the eggplant. It’s an important step to make sure the eggplant taste good at the end.
Bear Cusine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program
These links are affiliated. If you purchase through them, I will make a couple of cents to a couple of dollars. But that won’t affect your prices at all. This is not a sponsored video.