In this article, we would like to share with you a super easy-to-make dish. It is a very convenient dish, just toss all of the ingredients into the pot and it is done!
One Pot Rice Dinner — Rib Tips & Delicata Squash
We will be using ribs and delicata squash in today’s recipe and will show you step by step to make sure your rice is perfectly cooked. The result always turns out so satisfying. We guarantee it will be one of the best rice meals you ever had!
One Pot Rib Tips & Delicata Squash Rice
- Cast Iron Pot
- 1 lb rib tips
- 1 delicata squash
- 1/2 cup frozen carrot and peas
- 2 cup rice
- 2 1/3 cup water
- Rinse the rice. Gently scrub the rice in the water, and then dump the water out. Then soak the rice in 1 cup of water for about 15 minutes while we prepare other ingredients.
- Add the rib tips into a pot, add cold water until cover the ribs, with several slices of ginger & 1 tbsp of cooking wine. Cook it until it boils, and then remove the white foamy part on the top and take the ribs out of water.
- In a cast-iron pan, add 1 tbsp of oil, together with the ribs. We are going to sear the ribs over low heat until the surface is caramelized. You can use a paper towel to absorb excess grease in the pot. Add 2 tbsp of soy sauce, stir well, cover the lid and let it cook in low heat for about 5 minutes. If the liquid is too few, you can add a few tbsp of water so that it won’t burn.
- While the rib is cooked, chop 1 delicata squash into small dice.
- Add the squash into the pot. Bring the heat to medium-high. And add 1 and ⅓ cups of water. So in total, we suppose to use 2 cups of water in the pot to cook 2 cups of rice here, considering it will have some steam out, we will need ⅓ cup of water extra.
- Add ½ cup of the carrot and peas into the pot. Mix this well, and add 2 tbsp of oyster sauce. You can taste and see if this soup is salty enough or if it needs extra salt. Cover the lid and bring it to boil. Let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the soaked rice together with the water in, mix well with other ingredients in the pot.
- Cook it with the lid open for about 5 minutes, until there is not much water left on the surface. Stir it and let the water distribute more evenly, cover the lid. Remove the pot from the heat and let the remaining heat finish the cooking process.
- 10 minutes later. The rice is now fully cooked and so fluffy. Add some sweet soy sauce and mix well with the rice. Lastly, garnish with spring onion and then it is ready to serve.
1. Make sure to rinse your rice before cooking it. Not only it gets cleaner, but also gets a better texture.
2. If you want the rib to be more tender, increase the cooking time before adding squash into the pot.
Bear Cusine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. These links are affiliated. If you purchase through them, I will make a couple of cents to a couple of dollars. But that won’t affect your prices at all. This is not a sponsored video.