This saucy & spicy king oyster mushroom recipe only takes 15 minutes to finish. The mushroom is chewy and tastes just like meat!
Saucy King Oyster Mushroom
- 2 king oyster mushroom
- 2 scallion
- 3 chili peppers (optional)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- a pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
Preparation the ingredient
- Cut the mushroom into 1-inch slices. Score the surface of the mushroom slices, horizontally and vertically. This will shorten the cooking time and let the mushroom easily absorb the flavor from the sauce later.
- Separate the scallions between the white part and the green part. Cut the white part into large pieces, for the aroma of the sauce. Chop the green part into small pieces and save them for garnishing late.
- Chop chili pepper and garlic into small pieces.
Prepare the sauce
- In a bowl, add 1 tbsp of oyster sauce, a pinch of salt, ½ tsp of corn starch, ½ tsp of sugar, ½ cup of water, 2 tsp of soy sauce. Mix well.
Cooking king oyster mushroom
- Heat a pan at medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, add the mushroom slices and pan-fry on both sides. Take the mushroom slices out for later use.
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, sauté garlic, and spring onion. Once you can smell the aroma, add the sauce into the pan and bring to boil
- Add the mushroom slices back into the pan, cook for about 3 minutes at high heat, let the sauce reduce.
- Once the sauce is done, add the chili pepper in (optional). Stir well and take the mushroom out of the pan. Enjoy!
Bear Cusine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. These links are affiliated. If you purchase through them, I will make a couple of cents to a couple of dollars. But that won’t affect your prices at all. This is not a sponsored video.