A few months ago, Mcdonalds stopped having donut sticks on their breakfast menu. They are very delicious and I loved them. So I wanted to recreate them.
😅 Well, it doesn’t look exactly like their commercial picture though, but it is still very delicious.
I love the texture so much! It is crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Very cinnamony. Actually, our homemade donut sticks turned out to be even better than Mcdonald’s! Perfect to pair with a cup of coffee ☕️
Cinnamon Donut Stick
- Frying Pan
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 pack yeast or 2 tsp
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cinnamon powder
- Warm-up 1 cup of milk and make it lukewarm. Add 2 teaspoons of sugar, stir to dissolve it. And then add a whole pack of dried yeast into the milk mixture. Stir well and let it sit for about 10 minutes while we start to prepare other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, add 3 cups of flour, ½ tsp of nutmeg, 2 tsp of salt, 2 tbsp of sugar. 1 egg. Melt 2 tbsp of butter. Add the yeast milk into the flour mixture and mix well. Splash some flour on the working area, knead the dough for about 5 minutes.
- Put the dough back to the bowl, and cover it up. Let it rise for an hour. An hour later, the dough has grown to twice in size.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough into a big round. And then use a knife to cut it into stick shape. Use your hands to gently rub the dough, and the outside becomes more smooth. See the video for more details.
- Once all of the dough is set, cover up and let it rest for another 1 hour.
- 1 hour later, heat some oil in the pan at 360º. Once the oil reaches 360º, turn the heat to low and add the donut stick into the hot oil. Once one side is done, flip to the other side. When both side becomes golden brown color, take it out from the pan.
- To coat the donut, firstly mix 3 cups of sugar, ½ cup of ground cinnamon powder. And then mix with the donut sticks. Enjoy!
Bear Cusine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. These links are affiliated. If you purchase through them, I will make a couple of cents to a couple of dollars. But that won’t affect your prices at all.