This clam in foil is super straightforward, basically, just add all of the ingredients into a foil bowl, and it is done!
To clean the clams before cooking, soak them in the salted water (3%) for 20 minutes to 1 hour. Change the water until there is no more sand at the bottom of the container.
For more details, please check up the video below:
Clams in Foil with Garlic and Chili Peppper
- Aluminum Foil
- 2 lb clams
- 2 shrimp (optional)
- 1 cup chopped napa cabbage
- 1 pack enoki mushroom
- 1 stalk spring onion
- 1 head garlic
- 4 chili pepper (1-4 based on your preference of spiciness)
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- ¼ cup canola oil or other non-flaovr oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- To clean the clams, soak them in salted water (3%) for 20 minutes to 1 hour. Change the water until there is no more sand at the bottom of the container.
- Chop a whole head of garlic and 1 stalk of scallion into small pieces and add them into a bowl. Add 1 tsp of sesame seeds. Heat up about 1/4 cup of oil and pour on top of it.
- Add 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of oyster sauce, 1 tsp of ginger, 1 tsp of sugar, ¼ tsp of salt and chili pepper into a bowl and mix well.
- Fold the aluminum foil into a bowl shape and add all of the vegetable ingredients into it, and then place the clams on top of it. Pour the sauce on top. Close the packet before cooking.
- You can cook this on a grill or use the oven to roast it. For grilling, place the foil packet on top of the heat and cook for 10 minutes; for roasting, you can place the foil packet over a cast iron pan. Preheat the oven to 450ºF and cook for 30 minutes, until all of the clams open the shell.
Bear Cusine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. These links are affiliated. If you purchase through them, I will make a couple of cents to a couple of dollars. But that won’t affect your prices at all. This is not a sponsored video.