This mussels dish, also known as “moules marinière” in French, can be easily done in 15 minutes. All you need to do is just take some time to clean the mussel, prepare the sauce, add the mussels in, and it is done!
Note: The cooking process is super fast. You will need to make sure not to cook too long otherwise the mussel will be rubbery and not tender.
Fun fact: I can finish this whole pot of mussels just by myself in 5 minutes!
- 2 lbs mussels
- 2 shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup tarragon
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- olive oil
- To clean the mussels, brush each individual of them. If there is seaweed attached to it, remove it. Make sure to check if the mussel is closed. If not, discard it.
- For the creamy sauce, chop 2 shallots into small sizes, and roughly chop 4 cloves of garlic. Take the leaves off from the tarragon (We will need about a quarter cup of the tarragon leaves in total, you can adjust this amount based on your preference)
- Heat up a pan at medium heat, add some olive oil, and the shallot into the pan. Cook until the shallot becomes tender, and then add the garlic in. Stir well.
- Add 1 cup of dry white wine to deglaze the pan. And then add 3 tbsp of butter, a cup of heavy cream, and the tarragon, mix well. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Once the sauce boils, add the mussel in, mix them well with the sauce and cover with a lid. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Two minutes later, open the lid and let the mussel cover with sauce. Add parsley or thyme and remove the pot from the heat, and it is done!
- The mussels need to be cleaned very well. Otherwise, it will make the sauce taste fishy and unpleasant
- Note: The cooking process is super fast. You will need to make sure not to cook too long otherwise the mussel will be rubbery and not tender.
Bear Cusine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program
These links are affiliated. If you purchase through them, I will make a couple of cents to a couple of dollars. But that won’t affect your prices at all. This is not a sponsored video.