Today we would like to share with you the recipe for the juiciest roast chicken.
We have been wanting to grill a whole chicken for a while, but we were hesitant to put it directly on the grill rack. One day, while watching an old episode of Shark Tank (Season 14, Episode 2), we became interested in a chicken trussing tool.
After watching the show, we began searching on Amazon for similar products and realized we needed a device to hold the chicken vertically.
Compared to grilling chicken horizontally, grilling it vertically has a number of advantages.
The vertical placement allows for more even cooking, as the heat can circulate more easily around the bird. Additionally, the excess fat will drip away, resulting in crispier skin and juicier meat.
In the end, we chose a product that also came with an infuser can.
For a long time, we have been eager to try beer can chicken. But we were also worried that the ink on the beer can wouldn’t be safe for the chicken to consume while it was roasting. This tool just turned out to be the perfect solution to hold the chicken vertically and add beer-infused flavor.
We used beer, rosemary, and garlic in the infuser. The chicken was surrounded by the flavorful liquid, infusing it with flavor from all sides. You could also add other liquids or herbs to the infuser can, such as coke, chicken broth, or thyme.
Finally, we applied a honey-butter mixture. This added a touch of sweetness to the skin. The honey caramelized on the grill as well, resulting in a crispy and golden finish that everyone will enjoy.
If If you decide to try this recipe, you will be surprised by how tender, juicy, and flavorful the chicken will be. Give it a shot and enjoy the delicious results!
Vertical Grilled Whole Chicken – Beer Infused
- Charcoal grill
- 1 chicken
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper grounded
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds grounded
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 cup beer
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp honey
Optional side to grill with
- potatoes wrap with foil
- Pat dry the chicken and apply the "dry rub" seasoning mix. Marinate it for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. For the best results, place a rack beneath the chicken to allow it to dry-brine for extra flavor.
- Soak 1 cup of wood chips in water for 1 hour. During this time, you can also take the chicken out of the fridge and let it rest at room temperature.
- In a stainless-steel can, add 1 cup of beer along with 1 sprig of rosemary and 2 cloves of garlic. Assemble the roast rack and place the chicken on top.
- Preheat the grill with lit charcoal. Divide the charcoal into two sides and place a disposable foil pan in the middle. Put a rack over the foil pan and place the chicken on it. Close the lid and roast for 30 minutes, maintaining the grill temperature between 300-350°F.
- As a side option, wrap potatoes in foil and place them on the grill. By the time the chicken is done, the potatoes will be ready and soft inside. Season with salt and pepper.
- Apply the honey glaze mixture to the chicken and turn it over. Roast for another 30 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving and enjoy!