Today we would like to share with you an easy way to cook shrimp scampi at home. With a few simple steps of preparation, this dish can easily be finished in 15 minutes!Yum
Since I start to have the idea to cook shrimp scampi at home, I’ve been searching online for all kinds of different ways to cook this dish. Finally, we came out with a winner recipe, which will taste like the one you get from an Italian restaurant.
Highly recommended to use large shrimp. We use 21-25 here, otherwise, they gonna become so small after cooking.
*21/25 means there should be from 21 to 25 shrimp per pound.
A delicious pasta dish that can be easily done within 20 minutes
Servings: 2 people
- 1 lb shrimp
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- lemon zest
- juice from half of the lemon
- black pepper
- Start by boiling some water, while preparing other ingredients.
- Peel and devein the shrimps and keep all of the shells. In a skillet, heat up ¼ cup of olive oil and the shrimp shells at medium heat. Cook until the shells become crispy. Add 1 cup of white wine, and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Marinade the shrimp with salt and pepper, Chop some parsley and slice the garlic.
- In the boiling water, add salt and pasta. Remove the shrimp shells from the stock. Add the shrimp to the stock and cook until 80%. Transfer the shrimp into a bowl, cover the lid and let it keep cooking with the remaining heat.
- In the skillet, add 2 tbsp of olive oil, sautee the garlic slices, and 1 tsp of red pepper flakes over medium-low heat. Add 3 tbsp of butter, and cook until melted. Add the shrimp and the stock back to the pan, zest the lemon and add half of the lemon juice. Stir well.
- Add the pasta back to the pan. Mix well with the sauce and let it reduce a little bit. Taste to see if it needs more salt; if it is too salty, bring in more pasta water. Lastly, turn off the heat, add parsley and mix well. Enjoy!